Priest in Charge: The Rev Keith Griffith
Times of Services
St Clement's Church, a building situated on the eastern side of the Parish of St Lucy on a hill overlooking the Atlantic Ocean to the east with a backdrop of an imposing hill to the west.
The site of the first building was consecrated on 15th February 1838 and the cornerstone of the present St Clement's Church was laid by Governor Sir Francis Hicks on 3rd June 1858. The Church was licensed as a Chapel of Ease in 1860.
For almost 175 years St clement has been the focal point of worship for such communities as Pie Corner, Cave Hill, Rockfield, Josey Hill, Lowlands, Coconut Hall and bishops.
the ministry of the church through its priests and laity has touched the lives of thousands of persons for good. This has been done through the spread of the gospel, prayer, Christian witness, service and social outreach to the communities.
A number of priests have served the congregations of St Clement and its communities over the years including Rev Henry B Skeete who was vicar from 1840-1889. His grave is beside the church to the north eastern corner. One of this century's longest service priest was the Rev Canon Frederick Walcott (1989-2008).
The Rev Keith Griffith, a former member, is currently the Priest-in-Charge.
The mission of the church is to proclaim the gospel and to make Christ known while calling persons to repentance and to believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.