Diocese of Barbados
St Philip-the-Less Church
Boscobel, St Peter, Barbados
Email Webmaster
Today is: Saturday,29 November,2014 04:13:31 AM

Priest-in-Charge:  The Rev Davidson R Bowen

1102008_113449_0.jpg

Service Times

Sundays
8.30 am


History

St Philip-the-Less Church lies in the serene district in the northern part of the Island.  It was built by Philip Lovell Philips in memory of his son Philip Lovell Collyer Phillips, a Lieutenant in the Rifle Brigade who died at the age of twenty-one.  It was consecrated by Bishop Thomas Parry on March 23, 1860.  The southern wing was added and consecrated on March 30, 1915.  The Church was rededicated by Bishop Rufus Brome on March 23, 1996 after major renovations to the building were carried out.

Other Church Information

Organisations:

Details - Contact Person
Altar Servers
Choir
Church Army
Health Guild
Men's Fellowship
Mothers' Union
Sunday School           
Ushers

Former Clergy

Established 23rd March 1861
1861
Nathaniel Heath Greenidge
1929-1934
Alfred John Hatch
1878
William Mortimer Springer
1935-1940
Kenneth Arden Bentley Hinds
1882
Eyare Bradley Bovell
1941-1949
Oswald Everton Jones
1882-1885
Charles Goulding Clark-Hunt
1950-1951
George Harris Dickenson
1885-1892
William Parker
1952-1953
Randolph O. George
1892-1910
William Gordon Hutchinson
1953-1956
Courtney Johns
1910-1916
Philip Campbell Branch
1956-1984
Gilbert Earl Vaughan
1916-1918
Charles James Buchan Frederick
1985-1998
Peter Hutson Ormond Walcott Haynes
1918-1919
Edwin Ernest Giles
1998-2001
Sonia Sandra Juanita Hinds
1920-1923
Hubert John Hutchinson
31.10.2001-2002
Ian Eleazar Rock
1923-1926
Charles James Buchan Frederick
2002-Dec 2005
Frank Emanuel Gill
1926-1928
William Harvey Read
1Jan-30 Sept 2006
James Levi Springer
Oct 2006-present
Davidson Richardo Bowen



Calendar




 Last Modified: 23 February,2012