Small company logo:
   History
   Show Presentation
 
Advertising banner:
 
 stsimon
Home • stsimon
 
St.Simon's Anglican Church
St Simon, St Andrew, Barbados

Priest-in-Charge:  The Rev Fequel LaPlante
Tel: (246)

Services

Sunday

6.15 am (1st, 2nd and 4th Sundays)
7.00 am (3rd Sunday)
History

St Simon's Church was built in 1840 and cost three pounds seventy five cents. On Thursday, the 23 rd day of July 1840, the Vicar General (Archdeacon Thomas Parry) of the Diocese of Barbados and the Leeward Islands, licensed a chapel school to be called St. Simon, in the parish of St. Andrew, in the island of Barbados.  In 1855 it was found necessary to rebuild it from the foundation up, but by 1945 it was again in a very bad state of repairs. 6th November,1917 a burial ground consecrated by Bishop Berkeley was added to the chapel. The chapel became a place of divine services and the celebration of the other ceremonies of the church.  It was a double cure with St. Saviour at first.
Former Clergy

1845-1845
1847-1863
1865-1867
1868-1803
1904-1921
1922-1924
1924-1928
1929-1928

1948-1949
1950-1954

1955-1958

1959-1960
G.M. Clinckett
C.J. Branch
Henry Hutson
Richard Johnson Rock
Harold Grenville Emtage
Arnold Bertram Williams
Walter Eugene Blackett
Samuel Arthur Emmanuel Coleman
W. Harvey-Reed
George Cuthbert Manning Woodroffe
Kenneth Osborne Grannum
M.A. Maxwell
Lionel Courtney Gormandy
Edward Gatherer
Francis Goulbourne FitzHugh


G.M. Clinckett, C.J. Branch, H. Hutson, R.J Rock, H.G. Entage, A.B. Williams,W.E. Blackett, S.A.E Coleman, W.Harvey-Reed, G.C.M. Woodroffe, K.O. Grannum, M.A. Maxwell, L.C. Gormaudy, Edward Gatherer, Francis Fitz-Hugh, Alan S. Jaggard, Lionel Burke, Neville George, A.B Jones, H.W Riley, Daniel Mc. Aughey, Dr. Alexander Walcott, Kyle D. Inniss, Esau Budhu, F.E Gibbs, K. Rogers, C. Morris and Trevor L. Davis.


St Simon.doc